May 27, 2019 6:00 pm - 8:30 pm
CNC 2: INTERMEDIATE 3 AXIS MILLING builds on topics covered in CNC MACHINING 1: INTRO TO 3 AXIS CNC MILL MACHINING AND CAM, focusing on more advanced topics in CNC milling, including:
- Machine metal using a manual Bridgeport mill.
- Advanced work holding techniques for the mill, including custom fixtures and jigs.
- Use of precision instruments like Dial Indicators and 1-2-3 blocks for calibrating machines and parts to high accuracy for precision work in metals and other materials.
- Tolerance requirements in design and understanding their importance.
- Part layout and project planning.
- Additional manual GCode creation
- Fusion360 CAM workflows.
At the end of this class you’ll be ready to take on my CNC 3: The Router Table class to learn how to operate the 4’x8′ CNC Router Table located at Hexlab Makerspace!
HexLab Members receive 30% off all classes. Don’t forget to enter your monthly member discount code on Eventbrite!
For tickets please visit the eventbrite page below: